Monday, November 3, 2008

The credit report center

Credit card fraud is really getting alarming lately. I just received 2 emails from friends this week, and both contains 2 different cases of identity theft and fraud. Im not really a big credit card user, but still I want to keep protected from all these. Anything that involves a person's account and identity needs to be secured since it will really involve a big amount of money later on. I researched on how I can get some credit reports online. Credit reports are credit information or history of a consumer. A credit report is the foundation of your financial reputation in the world of business. Websites such as thecreditreportcenter.com provides free credit reports online and even credit monitoring. So how does credit report keep you protected from identity theft? By checking your credit report regularly you can thwart identity thieves who may try to use your name for their purposes. I still have a lot to read and learn about this issue, that's why I'm reading now about How To Fix Your Credit . Fixing credit would mean some credit report errors. A credit report error can result in bad credit. For the consumer to have a credit report error removed a credit dispute must be initiated by the consumer. I hope people are now more vigilant about fraud and theft.

0 comments: