Thursday, January 22, 2009

Her First ER trip

January 22, 2009 .

I woke up at 5 in the morning because I heard her cry for milk.As I positioned her for breastfeeding, I felt that her temperature was a bit feverish. She has colds since Monday, so I am thinking that this slight fever could be because of the colds. I woke up my husband and asked him to get the thermometer, and her temperature was 37.8 C. I tried to freshen her up and after feeding, she was in deep slumber. But the slight fever didn't dropped at all, so we decided to take her to the Emergency Room of UST at 2pm.

Horrible horrible traffic ! We got there after almost an hour, well in fact we could have been there in 15 mins (kasama na slight traffic jan ha). Her fever didn't even reached 38C, but I dont have plans of waiting for that to happen so we rushed her to the ER. Why ER? Her pedia doesnt have a clinic during Thursdays kasi :)

So anyway, we underwent the usual ER routine , Q & A etc etc. She had a CBC test , and all the results were normal. She was just sleeping then , but she cried when she had blood extraction. They pricked her right footie. So far, they say its viral. But I am still asked to closely monitor her breathing pattern (since we have a history of asthma) , milk intake , cough and colds etc. Upon reaching home , i gave her sponge bath and the doctors told me that I can always freshen her up with sponge bath , and if the fever will reach 38C, I can give Paracetamol.

As of writing, her temp is 36.4 and hopefully it wont reach more than 37.5 again. I am just sooo paranoid and panicky lately. I never thought that I would still act like a new mom with my 2nd baby. Ang hirap pag sila may sakit. Anyway, she's better now, hopefully , tuloy tuloy na. Her milk intake didnt subside either. She's 7 kilos at 2 months and 3 weeks :)



4 comments:

Joy said...

poor dom! sana nga wag na bumalik. lagi tuloy nakasimangot hehe

Kelly said...

i hope she's well already.

cute outfit, btw! =)

Vanniedosa said...

ow so cute!!! she looks like u talaga peachy!

hope okay na sha :)

Mich said...

ok na ba si dominique? probably because of the weather din ano?