Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Potty Training Chronicles.. part 1

Goodbye Diaper!!


That's Joaqui's line yesterday afternoon. I noticed lately, I'm having a hard time putting on his diaper. Imagine a 7 mos preggy mom , battling with a kicking toddler in bed for diaper, LOL.

Tuesday afternoon, here's how it went..

Mommy : Let's go down. I need to change your diaper. It's full and heavy. ( i was touching it so he will know the feeling)

Joaqui : NO! Don't like!" ( he continued to play)

Mommy: Ahhhh.. common! Lets go down now!

Joaqui : Dont like diaper mommy. (with his paawa face)

So.. I get the picture now. Bakit ba ako mapilit? Eh ayaw nga nya..


Mommy: How about brief?

Joaqui : Dont like brief. Shorts only.

Mommy : Okay. Shorts. No more diapers for Joaqui??

Joaqui : Yes. Goodbye Diaper.

Mommy : Tell mommy if wee wee , okay? We will go to the.... ( I pause for a while, I typed something at the laptop)

Joaqui : Ahhhhhhh.. CR ???

Mommy : Yes CR.

I laughed really hard. Maybe he was waiting for me to say CR already, I got focused with what im typing , Ialmost forgot to say CR ... He said it to me in a really funny way.. like an adult asking :)

So yesterday was Day 1. He was diaper free from 5pm until 830pm. Though he still doesn't wanna sit on his potty (he prefers to stand, as taught by the dad again) , he tells me "wee wee mommy.. or mommy wet" already. But blame the slow preggy mom, di kami umaabot sa CR hahaha.

Today, Wednesday , our Day 2. No diaper in the morning til his bath time at 1pm. I ask him from time to time if he likes to go to the CR or he wants to pee, but he will say NO. I noticed he feels uneasy when he's about to pee. He walks fast.. a fast robot :) Im taking it as a signal. After bath, I placed a diaper again for naptime. I had it removed when he woke up. We were at the playroom when I saw the fast robot signal , so I told him, lets go to the CR. Waahh! we were so close to the potty trainer.. sayang! Di umabot. So imagine, ang linya ng wee wee sa floor, bwahahaa! I will try my best to move a little faster tomorrow!

But still, I always give him a high five kahit ma wee wee pa sya sa floor. I appreciate him not wanting to have diapers anymore, and telling me if he's about to pee. One step at a time. We are getting there.

To all the mommies who gave me inputs on this ( you know who you are) .. thanks a lot!! It is so true, everything will be easier once your kid is ready.. and readiness can only come from them :)

5 comments:

abie said...

buti pa si joaqui...si bela ayaw naman ng walang nappy kse alam nya maging wet sya pag nag wee-wee sya tapos ayaw naman nya mag sit sa potty...pero sabi nga nila joy, intayin ko na lang daw na maging ready si bela..

btw, i have a tag for you:

http://princessbela16.blogspot.com/2008/08/who-do-i-look-like-tag.html

Mich said...

wow congrats Peach! sya na din pala ang sumuko sa diapers ano?

michellethea said...

congrats peachy!
at ano nmn tinatype mo nun? nagti-twitter ka noh? =P

Peachy said...

abie - its true, magugulat ka, sila magsabi syo na ready na sila :)

mich - thanks! sya mismo umayaw.. goodluck sa inyo ni alex:)

thea - tahnks ! oo nga twit ako nun hahaha

Kelly said...

sana si manu ma-toilet train na! =)