Thursday, February 12, 2009

Debt - free

Having 2 kids now is really a challenge with our finances. Of course, aside from the maternity fees that we incurred, we also need to allocate our money for our daily expenses such as food, bills etc. Add to that the vaccination of the kids with their pediatrician that can cost an arm and a leg already. Whew! I am just thankful that we always get by with God's help. Being debt-free gives someone a feeling of security, and life of less worries. Who wouldn't want to be out of debt right? One step that we are currently taking to avoid big debts is to minimize credit card purchases. We find it as an imaginary money everytime we use it. Its better to just pay with cash- just the right amount of money that you currently have.

I've been reading a lot of money saving tips and articles over the internet and even with some books, and I find it helpful during these budgeting times. I learn to just spend within my limits, and save some for emergency purposes. When it comes to our household bills, we also do our best to save, like with electricity, water , telephone etc.Any other suggestions to help lower my bills ? I am seeing its fruits now, and Im just glad that we have extra savings for a few months already.

0 comments: