Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home Improvement

Having no househelp for days now made me look at every aspect of the house. I first checked at the playroom of the kids. Grabbed a few container boxes at the mall so I can segregate the toys. My next stop was at the bathroom area. I've been wanting to get new laundry baskets, and I am so lucky to find what I am looking for. The basket is made from handmade native material with a lining to make sure that everything is tidy at its place. These baskets can also be used not just for the laundry but for de cluttering any other parts of the house. At first I really can't decide if I'll get the round or the squared one , but after some time, I have decided to get these two shapes since we have 2 bathrooms in the house.

As we were doing our walk around the home section at the mall,at the lamp shades section, my attention was caught by this lovely black dupion drum shade with gold lining. Its perfect for the color of our room and it would duit best at our bedside table. I love reading at night, so I find lampshades really useful for me. And besides , when you have a newborn in the house, the lampshade is a quick light when you need to grab something.

Lastly, I bought a log basket that I plan to decorate at our living room . We still dont have a fireplace, but this log basket can hold pieces of decors that can add life to our very simple living room. So you might think I spent a fortune on these items. No, they all come at very affordable prices, plus with the quality of these items, truly, its a steal. I still plan to go to the mall and grab a few storage baskets, our house certainly needs de cluttering. In no time, my little girl will have a play world of her own, and new toys will surely be pouring in.

0 comments: